Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A full day

 A busy day today. This morning before my computer class, my friend Jan showed me her  pictures and journal  of her and her husband Richard's trip to Alaska. I have thought of going there many times over the years and I must say that after reading her stories, listening to their adventures. and seeing their pictures, it is now on my Bucket List.
  This afternoon my friend George and I went touring about. After a quick pit stop at the Tourist Centre, we went to  Bougambilia's. I know I blogged a bit about this store when I first visited it back in November but it is such an interesting place that I just had go through it one more time.   We spent well over an hour there, going through all the rooms and just trying to take it all in.  My favorite room is the one with statues of children playing.






There are also many  beautiful and very interesting paintings in many of the rooms. One of the most interesting paintings has several past presidents sitting around a table in lively conversation. Kind of like a time warp as of course they did not all live in that same space of time.


Everything in each room is very unique, and well crafted. For anyone visiting this area it is definitely a must see.

We stopped at our favorite roadside market to pick up some fruit and veggies. It is a family run operation and they bring fresh stuff in from their farm everyday. Their prices are very reasonable-mucht cheaper than the grocery stores. They also have some items that you cannot find in the stores here. Today, I bought some pineapple oranges. They are supposed to be very sweet and  good for  juicing. I will try them for breakfast tomorrow.

Tonight I went to the Rec Hall for the weekly Potluck Dinner and stayed to play Bingo afterwards. Jan won nearly every Bingo. As they are leaving tomorrow she told everyone that it was their "gas money" to get out of Texas. We all had lots of laughs about that one.  We are all sad to see Jan and Richard leave as they are such a nice couple. After 50 years of marriage they are still so in love that it is just fun being around them.  It has been a real pleasure getting to know them and we said our good-byes with promises to keep in touch.

These next weeks there will be a lot of folks leaving the Park and heading either home or on to their next adventure. My friend Sally and her husband Bob are leaving soon to join some family and begin a trip to Alaska.  I will miss her terribly. With any luck, I will be able to meet up with them for a visit when they get close to Vancouver.

Keep warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment