Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Line Dancing & Mexico

It was a very  full day today. I went to my line dancing class this morning.
We learned another new line dance today called "Blue Moon". It was a bit of a challenge at first but we eventually got it figured out. It helps greatly to have a teacher with endless patience and a good sense of humor.


We went through many of the dances we have learned so far and we are all doing well. We are doing the Waltz in this picture.

After line dancing a bunch of us from the Park went to Mexico for lunch, dancing and shopping.We met at Arriba's. The place was packed.

Arribas is a fun place to go and the food there is very good. When I walked in a fellow in the crowd  told me to go out and come back in again as I hadn't been properly greeted. So out I went and when I came back in everyone cheered. That happened everytime someone came through the door. Great enthusiam!



 Just outside of the restaurant was a fellow who did some amazing bead work. He made keychains, rings, necklaces, bracelets, bowls and numerous other items. Some of them were very attractive.  Of course, whenever you are in a restaurant in Mexico  several people come around selling jewellry. I am a soft touch and it seems I always end up buying something. It is all so ridiculously cheap.
The entertainer played "Proud to be an American", "O Canada", and the Mexican National Anthem.  Nearly everyone stood up. I sang my heart out with "O Canada".
After lunch  Patty and I went to the store where all the jewellry is $1.00. I came out with seven items.

Us girls stopped off for a rest between shops.








Later we went to the Rose Garden, met up with the guys, and listened to some music for a bit. There was a young girl there who was very sweet and full of fun. She took a liking to  George and decided to decorate him up a bit. The hat was a bit small but we all loved the jewellry. He is very good natured so he took it all well.



There were musicians who came and went while we were there.

One of our guys, Steve, took over on the keyboard for a song. His wife Patty sang.

 
As you can see the place is very small-just a space between two buildings really. However, we managed to find room to dance.
 
We finished the day off with dinner at the Red Snapper. The food was great but the servings were way too large. I brought home a doggie bag.
 
Just another fun day in Mexico.
 
Keep warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment