Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Catching up

As though of you who have been following my blog have likely figured out by now, I have been a tad behind on my blog. This was due to my inability to get a good internet connection. It was not for lack of trying. I was beginning to reach my saturation point in the patience department. However, thanks to the kindness and generosity of some new friends we have made, we have managed to solve that little dilemna. I am up and running again. After posting a few days that I had made notes of, I have decided to condense the last few days into one post.


We have been having a lot of fun and adventure here. We have taken in a couple of indoor/outdoor markets that were huge in size and very broad in scope.








    At the markets we saw  wonderful live mexican bands. 














We saw all kinds of birds and animals;
crazy looking chickens, and beautiful macaws.






These birds are so beautiful. It saddens me to see them in a cage though. Their colours were so bright that they almost looked like they were lit up.











There was even  a carnival there for the kids with different kinds of rides. .

 Just when we thought we had seen it all we came across this.












There was even a huge snake outside of the place that was supposed to be a promo I guess.



I was sure I could live without seeing "The strangest Show on Earth", so I gave it a pass.

Besides all of the above, we saw countless stalls of clothing (both new and used), make-up, jewelry, shoes, furniture, electronics, antiques. It was like a wallmar gone crazy.


We had bought a delicious mexican lunch at one of the stalls and sat at a picnic table in an open area and listened to a mexican band while we ate.







We have spent lazy afternoons visiting with friends on their patios, had a girls day out with Jude where we went bargain shopping and had just been relaxing and soaking in the rays. The temperature has been in the 80's here so I am  deliriously happy.

I hope you are all well and staying warm wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment