Tuesday, November 20, 2012

We have arrived!


Nov. 16
We finally made it to Donna, Texas today. Just 16 days after crossing the border into 
Washington with only 3 days off for rest and sight seeing, we have arrived!
 Donna is a small city surrounded  by a chain of cities. It's motto is "The Heart of the Valley" (Rio Grande Valley) and it's population as of 2010 was just under 16,000 people. It has a small town feel to it and when Anna checked us in at the Dolphin RV Park, the owner  actually remembered her from 4 years ago.
 
 





The park is very pretty with lots of flowering shrubs and palm trees around the grounds.It is nice to be set down in one place for awhile. I think we were both starting to get a bit road weary as we had put some long days in trying to drive out of the cold. As my good friends know, I love being warm so I was especially happy to finally arrive at our destination.

 


 Word spread quickly after we arrived and before long many of Anna's friends dropped over to say hello. They were happy to see her. I can see why Anna likes it here as the people are very friendly and nice.

 Anna and I picked up some groceries at one of the local stores. We spent the rest of the afternoon visiting with friends and just relaxing. Friday night is no cooking night here so lots of people from the park meet at a restaurant for dinner. Anna and I caught a ride with Wes and Jude over to a Mexican restaurant. I met  lots more people from the park there. It was a great evening of fun. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment