Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

We have had a wonderful Christmas Eve here in Texas. After a lazy afternoon, everyone met at the Rec. Hall at 6pm for Snack Pot Luck. There was much picture taking as people arrived and added their goodies to the table.


Anna took this picture of me and  my dear friend Sally who I must say brought the most delicious toffee I have ever tasted. (Note my colorful dress that I purchased in Mexico).


There was much visiting at all the tables. These are some of our neighbours-just the nicest people you would ever want to meet.


 After dinner we played all sorts of games. I joined in wholeheartedly. The last game called for two volunteers.  My good buddy George and I volunteered. We had to sit on a chair, put a cookie on our forehead and then, without using our hands, had to bring the cookie down to our mouth and actually put it in our mouth. This was no easy feat. It required a large variety of  ridiculous facial expressions and much cheering  from our friends. However, after many unsuccessful attempts I managed to do  it with only a little bit of cheating.


I won an ornament of Dolphins- a wonderful souvenir of the Dolphin Park.


Once the games were finished we had a lovely candlelight Christmas Eve service which included singing by some of the RV folks who had been practicing daily for the last couple of weeks or more. They sounded great. The minister gave a short reading from the bible about the birth of Jesus, another song was sang and  after some more visiting we called it a night.
It was a wonderful evening. If my daughter had been here it would have been perfect. (And you too Scott)
From the wonderful state of Texas I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and may you  have a safe, warm, and happy holiday with those you hold dear to your heart.






No comments:

Post a Comment