Saturday, March 23, 2013

Hobart, Oklahoma

The best part of this day is that I am FINALLY caught up with my blog.  It has been a very good day.

So here we are in Hobart, Oklahoma. Although I really loved the great state of Texas I am looking forward to learning all I can about Oklahoma, especially since it seems we may be here for awhile due to the weather getting too cold north of us to proceed.  It is currently 7 C.  Brrr.

 So here are some interesting things I have learned about Oklahoma. Oklahoma got its name from two Choctaw words: Okla, which means people and humma which means red. So the states name means "Red People". The temperature ranges from zero to 100F. The state is known for its fierce thunderstorms and tornados which usually occur in the spring. By the way,  I am hoping we do not have any demonstrations of that while we are here.( I can definitely live to the end of my life without ever having experienced a tornado.)  Because of all the man made lakes in this state, Oklahoma now has   more miles of shoreline than the Atlantic and Gulf coasts combined. Those of just a few of the facts I thought I would dazzle you with.


 Anna and I did a nice long walk this morning. It was  so good to be out walking again. We were going to do some store browsing but discovered that most of the stores are closed on saturdays and the ones that are open usually close by 1 pm. No matter. We walked to the end of town to Bedlams Sports Bar and Grill and had a delicious BBQ sandwich with home made fries.  We walked down the highway to Wallmart and then after a quick stop at Dollar General we returned home where I have been diligently working on my blog ever since.

Since it was too misty today for pictures I am going to put in a "Guess What" picture.
See if you can figure it out.




Thought for the day:  Be guided by your dreams and not your fears.


Keep warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment