Friday, March 22, 2013

The Last Days


As usual I am a little behind on my blog. Okay, I will admit I was busy having fun but also I was having a lot of problems getting an internet connection. At any rate I will try to recap the last week and at some point I will come back and fill in some blanks if need be.
Last friday, March 15, we made one last trip to Mexico with many of our friends from the park. . This is definitely  the FINAL, last trip. I also managed to fit a bit of last minute shopping for some friends back home. Anna and I  had our last chance to enjoy lonches-our favorite Mexican food.. It was such a beautiful hot sunny day! The smiles say it all!




There was a fellow nearby who did the most beautiful paintings on spoons. All he used to do this was a fine plastic pick- smaller than an average toothpick- and his paints. He created scenes of flowers, birds, horses and their riders and all sorts of other things.







Add caption


We all  met up later at the Rose Garden and we were soon swamped with local people wanting to sell us some of their wares.



 This lady sold the most beautiful flowers. If I would have had room to take them home I think I would have bought the whole bouquet.




This young boy came around to sell us bracelets. Of course with all the trips to Mexico we have had this winter we all had more bracelets than we knew what to do with so we invited him to sit with us and just gave him some money.











And of course, we had some live entertainment for awhile.






We had a very tasty dinner at the Red Snapper and then headed back across the border. It had been a wonderful day.

Saturday evening we had a wonderful cookout party at John and Linda's place at  the Park. Everyone brought their own meat to B-B-Q and also a big enough  side dish for all to enjoy.  It was great fun and it gave  Anna and I  the opportunity to say farewell to good friends as we were leaving in the morning to start our journey home. It was hard to say goodbye. These people have really found their way into my heart. I hope someday I can come back to the Valley and see them all again.

Keep warm.







No comments:

Post a Comment